£70000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
29 days ago
Staff Engineer - London, Birmingham, Haywards Heath - Perm - flexi Remote - 70k-85k
Python, JAVA, Scala, Go, MongoDB, Agile, AWS, Lambda, Google Cloud, GCP
We here at Spinks have partnered with Bought By Many to assist with their recruitment drive.
Bought By Many is a high-growth and multi-award-winning fintech business on a mission to create insurance that people can love. They are driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled their revenues annually for the last 4 years.
They raised almost $100m in the last fundraise in April 2020. They launched a successful business in Sweden in 2019 and there is more ambitious growth still to come. Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
Here you'll meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things. The company and work culture is energetic, fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and, most importantly, passionate about pets and their well-being.
The balance of home / office working varies according to the role, with a minimum commitment to be in the office at least twice a month.
We are looking for a hands-on developer with deep technical skills, contributing to the codebase and to the wider engineering team, shaping code and working practices, harnessing the power of SaaS APIs and cloud services to create powerful solutions rapidly, and delivering practical DevOps expertise.
Alongside individually contributing to codebase, you will be providing deep technical leadership by influencing and improving the technical practices of your teammates and the wider professional organisation. We will be relying on your specialised experience, knowledge, teaching, coaching and mentoring abilities as well as your communication skills and know-how to improve the quality of technical practices across the organisation-with a particular focus on automated test creation using techniques like TDD and BDD.
Experience and Qualifications
- Be an engineer at heart
- Be a completer finisher: wants to give users the best possible experience but also recognises that perfect is good finished
- Be able to recognise when the solution is getting too complex and it's time to adjust the requirements, or when it's time to delete, refactor and simplify
- Have a strong team ethic: makes change happen by working with and through others
- Understand that not all ideas and code will make it into production and be able to move on
- Have deep experience and use of Python, JAVA, Scala Go - but willing to work with Python
- Be able to convey a compelling vision and gain commitment to goals
- Be able to coach, delegate and manage the performance of others
- Agile methodologies such as Agile or Kanban
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great team and of course to further your career!
If this is of interest then apply ASAP!