Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£55000.00 - £65000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Senior Multiplayer Programmer- Unity, C#, Gaming-Royal Leamington Spa.
Senior Multiplayer Programmer- Unity,C# Programming, Gaming- Royal Leamington Spa 3 days on site.
I am working with a dynamic and innovative games company that is looking for a Senior Multiplayer Programmer to help them create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics, targeting a range of hardware including VR platforms. Working on their latest projects, you will be working within our world-class team working with their creative leads and the art team to take the vision for their games from concept to completion and delivery of a reliable network player experience.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects' development and work to push the limits of the latest mobile and tablet hardware.
You will have worked across a wide variety of game systems on at least 2 shipped titles in an experienced (or above) position or having progressed from a junior position with extensive experience. Importantly you must also be self-motivating, a strong team player who is proactive and with a personal desire to deliver at the highest standard.
There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our teams scale up the use of multiplayer technologies in their games
- Building high quality networked gameplay experiences
- Ensure networked gameplay logic is robust and mitigates problems related to lag, packet loss, jitter, prediction and state replication
- Prototyping gameplay mechanics for review and iteration.
- Create gameplay systems suitable for automated testing including bot players and/or app/menu flow navigators
- Contribute to the design and implementation of AI systems.
- Implement animation, audio, and visual effect systems.
- Expert knowledge of Unity.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Worked on several shipped games/products at least one using Unity
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience of Gameplay programming with a focus on Animation and AI systems.
- Proven track record of delivery of high-quality gameplay in synchronous multiplayer games
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Peer to Peer and Client-Server architectures and game state replication
- Experience solving/mitigating problems related to lag, packet loss, jitter, prediction and state replication
- Experience of prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- Experience of developing for VR platforms with 6dof interactions
- Experience making shooting games with a focus on AI, combat and animation systems
- Experience of Unity Playables.
- Experience of Unity Cinemachine.
- Experience of Git and associated clients.
- Experience of Unity DOTS
- Experience of creating shaders and general graphics knowledge.
- Experience of mentoring and/or managing other programmers.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga, nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment - tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself
- Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
This role is on site 3 days a week with two days remote working, possibility to work fully remote full time but this is dependent on experience and company discretion.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration???????