£100000.00 - £120000.00 per annum
2 months ago
My client is an established market leader in the data space who is currently experiencing rapid growth as they have secured another impressive round of funding. As a result, it's an incredibly exciting time to get on board as they go on the next stage of their journey as a business.
They pride them self on their company values and have worked hard to create a collaborative and inclusive (remote) culture that encourages idea-sharing and innovation.
The Principal Cloud Infrastructure Specialist is responsible for the design and successful implementation of a new SAAS environment suitable for enterprise customers to run at scale and with exponential growth in mind. It is expected that the service which is to be built will demonstrate best in class design for availability, resilience, performance and operability. Working with other engineers, identifying and validating system design choices in an iterative approach whilst taking overall accountability for the provision of environments and associated CI/CD solutions.
What you will be doing
* Working with other principal-level engineers to design a suitable infrastructure architecture design to support a reliable, scaling SAAS offering for enterprise customers.
* Offering "run-at-scale" design advice to the wider engineering team so that software solutions delivered make maximum use of cloud best practice to ensure they are secure, resilient and scalable.
* Implementing operability and observability design in to all software solutions via the establishment of a suitable framework and by sharing best practice.
* Setting up CI/CD pipelines for a new greenfield SAAS solution and re-engineering existing legacy pipelines to ensure maximum efficiency in the SDLC.
* Liaison with the CISO to embed security best practice throughout the lifetime of the project. This will include but not be limited to tool section, process changes and knowledge sharing.
* Significant production experience in AWS
* Background in Linux system administration
* Experience supporting Java based applications in a SAAS environment
* CI/CD best practice and demonstrable success with building high frequency pipelines
* Experience of performance tuning distributed systems
* Establishment of metrics and KPIs to reflect the health of a system
* Communicating effectively with the use of diagrams and written documentation to support ideas
* Presenting to peers in lunch and learn / show and tell style sessions
* Collaborative working with peers and other business functions
* Problem solving and results oriented Appreciation of a team result over an individual
A truly flexible working culture
25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
5 days paid volunteering leave
Health insurance , Life Insurance, Pension
Career development days with access to a Udemy account.