Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Up to £55000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Lead Multiplayer Programmer- Unity, C#, Gaming-Royal Leamington Spa.
Lead Multiplayer Programmer- Unity,C# Programming, Gaming- Royal Leamington Spa 3 days on site.
I am working with a dynamic and innovative games company that is looking for a Lead Multiplayer Programmer to help them create exciting new games which include synchronous multiplayer and social features. The role is key to the team success as you will be architecting and owning core network systems and taking responsibility for the delivery of a reliable network player experience.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the projects' development and work to push the limits of the latest mobile and tablet hardware.
You will be responsible for providing knowledge and support to the team with regards to network development workflows and also working on implementing gameplay and other multiplayer systems.
There is the opportunity for the role to grow over time as our teams scale up the use of multiplayer technologies in our games, and you will be in a key role where you can help shape the design, architecture and data structures.
- Owning the complete delivery of a reliable network player experience
- Working with team leads and stakeholders to define work specifications and roadmaps for the multiplayer and social aspects of our products
- Create technical designs and implement the key network systems used in current and future titles.
- Work on network architecture and related systems.
- Writing robust code to support fun, engaging multiplayer gameplay.
- Defining data formats and communication protocols between the client and server systems.
- Budgeting and scaling network code.
- Expert knowledge of Unity.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in software engineering with a focus on networked or multiplayer game features.
- Worked on several shipped games/products at least one using Unity
- A good understanding of network protocols, server architectures, and data formats, peer-to-peer and server authoritative.
- Experience solving/mitigating problems related to lag, packet loss, jitter, prediction and state replication
- Experience with Photon Bolt or similar multiplayer technology providers
- Experience with working on networked shooting games
- Experience with working on mobile, PC, VR or Console platforms.
- Experience with real-time backend providers or running headless engine.
- Experience with server build deployment to remote server hardware
- Experience setting up, managing and/or using automated testing to ensure a consistently maintained reliable technology base and working environment for developers, QA and end users
- Experience with player matchmaking, skill calculation and rankings
- Experience with Drop in/Drop out multiplayer, graceful reconnects
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga, nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
- Flexi-time working hours
- 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
- Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- A warm, modern office environment - tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
- Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself
- Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
This role is on site 3 days a week with two days remote working, possibility to work fully remote full time but this is dependent on experience and company discretion.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration???????