City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Lead 3D Artist- Virtual Studio, Unreal- London
A leading UK broadcast graphics company offering an array of creative services across live Sport, Entertainment, News and Events. They specialise in creating content for on-screen graphics, augmented and virtual studios. They are seeking a new Lead 3D Artist to join there team with an immediate start.
Working in the virtual studio team, you will work on live daily news and entertainment shows, designing a range of graphical content such as information graphics and vibrant and fun animations for both in-screen and on-screen and lead the Virtual Studio Team.
- Work under guidance with the creative team to create Augmented and Virtual Reality 3D graphics using real-time graphics software for TV on-air productions.
- Work on all aspects of the production from concept prototyping to 3D modeling, texturing, lighting and animation to a high level.
- Pick up new skills with an eagerness to learn new software and bespoke systems, training will be provided.
- Troubleshoot technical and graphical issues.
- Responsible for prioritizing tasks and using your own initiative to meet deadlines.
- Maintaining awareness of technical developments in the industry and seek to continually improve personal skills and techniques.
You will have the majority of these skills (with ability to demonstrate)
- Strong knowledge of 3D modeling and animation in Maya, 3Ds Max, ZBrush
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, texturing and material authoring including PBR.
- Strong knowledge of creating shaders, particles and other visual effects in Unreal engine 4.
- Experience using blueprints with Unreal engine 4 is required.
- Great eye for composition, lighting and a high level of attention to details while adhering to deadlines.
- Some experience with programming (C#, C++, Java) or scripting is preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to project requirements.
- A passion for AR / VR and a commitment to personal development.
- Portfolio of work to demonstrate experience and ability.
Your portfolio MUST show good art foundations and assets creation skills that are demonstrable in Maya / 3DS Max or in a real-time engine such as Unreal,Unity, etc. You must also be fast learning, hands-on and very proactive - this position is not for deep thinkers, we need innovators
In addition, anything that can show off your skills working with real-time applications / personal projects would be a plus.