£25000 - £33000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Keywords: (Software Development, Java, Kotlin, Mobile, Apps)
Location: Central London
Salary: £25,000 - £33,000
A talented Junior Android Developer is required to join the successful Software Development team of a leading Tech company within their Central London HQ.
Enhancing and evolving your existing software skills is at the core of this role while you share the responsibility of developing and maintaining well-known, consumer facing Mobile apps.
Working within a dedicated team alongside other Developers, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing highly successful and renowned consumer facing mobile applications, developing new innovative features whist ensuring high standards are maintained. Together you will be creating quality products utilising your problem solving and sophisticated design skills in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
You will be involved in the full project lifecycle, from concept through to release, working collaboratively to help develop a market leading, reliable application that is both simple to use and enjoyable for users.
Activities will include:
- Developing Apps, writing the code.
- Liaising with product managers and designers to evolve ideas into user stories, that define how users will interact with the app
- Suggest new features for the app that will enhance the app experience for users, and ensure the reliability of the app.
- Support the design of the architecture of apps.
- Release the app when all the features for the release have been developed.
- Monitor the application post-release to ensure that it is working as expected.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven commercial experience within software development and/or Android development.
- Commercial work experience using Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience using common libraries such as RxJava2, Dagger2, Retrofit etc
- Experience of creating mobile interfaces.
- Software development lifecycle experience from requirements gathering to release.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ideally a Computer Science or a related degree.
- Keen to learn, develop and experience new ways of thinking.