Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £37500.00 per annum
27 days ago
IT Manager - Wasps / CBS Arena
IT Manager / Sports / Entertainment / Windows / Cisco / Microsoft / Active Directory - Coventry
PTI are looking for an ambitious IT Manager to work as part of our delivery team at Wasps Rugby at the Coventry Building Society Arena. If you love sport and love owning the technology performance that can drive business success, we want you on our team!
PTI work across a turnkey digital offering; consulting > technology selection > deployment / support > commercialisation. Working in our Venue Tech division, you will be the face of technology for our sporting clients and creating an excellent customer service experiences for fast-paced, 365 businesses.
Wasps Rugby and the CBS Arena are at the beginning of a technology transformation project to ensure the ground meets the digital expectations of their members, fans and site users. This is a key strategic project for the club as they continue to build on recent on the field improvements with off the field investment.
This is a high-visibility role which involves extensive contact with colleagues across PTI and our client at Wasps Rugby. The ability to communicate effectively and to interact with individuals at all levels of the organisation is an essential and exciting part of the role.
Objectives of the Role:
- Develop and execute the solutions to improve the technology performance of PTI clients
- Have overall management of the IT estate for your assigned client(s) including
- Develop business modelling and financial forecasts for PTI clients relating to technology strategy
- Act as IT Manager for clients on ad hoc or extended periods based on client needs
- Attend and support the initial client discovery meetings to help identify the current technology 'as is' status and deliver the key findings
- Help manage the requirements assessment and initial write up of RFP's for key PTI clients in relation to their technology strategies
- Manage, with the support of the Venue Tech Manager, the key technology tender processes for PTI clients. This includes the management of and organising of key client stakeholders and the vendors involved in the process
- Deliver audits, strategy documents and roadmaps for PTI clients - taking ownership of particular clients or areas of a client's delivery
- Manage internal teams deployed to key client(s)
- Pro-actively research key technology trends in the sports and entertainment verticals (and also other verticals that could cross over)
- Enhancing the PTI brand, image reputation and profile
Future of the Role: The role has significant growth potential, domestically and internationally, supporting the growth of the company.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience in the Sports and Entertainment verticals, or a related field, is a prerequisite
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fastpaced environment
- Ability to demonstrate proven results in driving technological advancement through strategy implementation
- The ability to analyse technology performance trends and patterns to keep driving clients towards their success targets / KPIs
- The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations to report against such KPIs for technology
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, layman's terms
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Innovative and creative thinker able to approach complicated situations in a simple manner
- Confident communication and presentation skills when speaking with all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally
- Full clean driving licence
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena - full time on site
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration