North West England, England
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
4 months ago
At Evergreen Energy we use smart technology to help our customers dramatically cut their carbon emissions and reduce their energy bills! We believe that making our homes more energy-efficient, and using renewable technology to heat and power them, will play a big part in achieving a sustainable future. We are looking for an experienced Head of Quality, Risk & Governance as we embark on our next stage of growth.
We believe a great quality manager is thorough and observant with an eye for detail.
You must fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing users and customers as well as the competition. The goal is to help preserve our reputation by ensuring that our products and services are capable to drive sustainable growth.
The role will also be responsible to advise the business on various types of risks (business, financial, legal and security.) You will identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems, working with the wider team. In this role, you should be highly perceptive and methodical. You should also have the ability to communicate effectively and present your plans in a convincing way. If you have experience in risk assessment and financial analysis, we'd like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our company secures its reputation by controlling risk.
Our vision of a great candidate is someone who is passionate about the environment and the opportunity to do things differently; they'll love working within an open, supportive team and in this role will spend most of their time working collaboratively with the wider Evergreen team.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Own our ISO 9001 QMS onwards compliance
- Own our ISO 27001 ISMS project through to certification and onwards compliance
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes
- Be the GDPR expert within the group and direct contact with the DPO,
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Submit detailed reports to the Board
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
- Conduct assessments to define and analyse possible risks
- Evaluate the gravity of each risk by considering its consequences
- Audit processes and procedures
- Develop risk management controls and systems
- Design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
- Create contingency plans to manage crises
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures to find weaknesses
- Prepare reports and present recommendations
- Help implement solutions and plans
- Evaluate employees' risk awareness and train them when necessary
- Proven experience in a quality, risk or compliance-related role
- Conscientious and responsible
- Expert of GDPR a strong advantage
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- In-depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Proven experience in managing risk
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills