Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £90000.00 per annum
12 days ago
Global Platform Engineering Manager - InsureTech Start-Up
I'm working with one of the UK's fastest growing Insure-Tech Start-Ups who have dominated their industry over the past 3 years. They've won various accolades to boast their success and stature within their industry and are bound for nothing but growth in the coming years.
They're now looking for a Global Platform Engineering Manager with a strong Technical background to help their dynamic production function achieve their short and long term goals. You will play an integral part in coaching and mentoring a team of well-accomplished technical leaders to ensure performance is at its peak.
You will play an integral part of the business's success by knowing what a successful Engineering team looks like and how to achieve it. You will need direct experience managing and mentoring high performance tech teams along with coming from a hands-on Engineering background yourself, having recently taken the leap into a management position.
- Provide constant support to high performance, dynamic engineering teams through regular 1-1 meetings and providing ongoing personal development feedback, tailored to each individual
- Work directly with the internal People Team alongside the Head of Engineering to set out technical and product direction, ensuring a well-balanced technical skill set is clear and concise across the wider production team.
- Drive technical guidance and direction to product and engineering squads, ensuring their tech stack is fit for purpose and cost effective
- Working alongside product managers, engineering squads and senior technical leaders to ensure the Engineering function is continually at its peak.
What you'll bring to the table
- You'll come from a successful background in Engineering and have recently taken the jump into a management position
- The ability to understand the position of an Engineer and the challenges that come with working in a dynamic, fast paced Tech team
- Knowledge and understanding of most recent technology trends and keeping your ear to the ground for a technical standpoint, ensuring their tech stack is relevant and up to date.
- A strong empathetic mindset, being able to wear the hat of a Senior Engineer from a management point of view, understanding the many challenges they may face along the road to production
- The ability to get your hands dirty with code whenever necessary.
- Tolerance of a Start-Up mentality is a MUST. The understanding that things are constantly changing, where a pragmatic and sometimes hectic approach is required, instead of the idea of achieving perfection first time.
If this sounds like something you're interested in, please don't hesitate to apply directly for immediate consideration.