Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £50000 per annum
4 months ago
Automation Engineer - CI/CD, Terraform, Python - Manchester or Remote
Automation Engineer - CI/CD, Terraform, Python
Data Transformation Platform
Salary up to 50k
My client is an established market leader in the data space who are working towards the launch of a brand new product. As a value driven business, they're working hard to create a collaborative and inclusive culture that encourages idea sharing and innovation.
They have taken the last 6 months as an opportunity to reinforce what makes them unique and are continuing to grow over the last few months of 2020 before they ramp up for 100% growth next year.
Each team within the engineering department is responsible for the delivery of specific products and has the autonomy to do this in the most effective and efficient way possible. Within these teams, Automation Engineers provide knowledge around CI/CD pipelines, cloud infrastructure and containerisation, all with the aim of supporting the SDLC.
You will be the go-to person for all things infrastructure within your agile team, sharing best practices.
* Creating infrastructure through automation using cloudformation and terraform
* Liaising with the infrastructure team on networking and security
* Configuring system monitoring
* Supporting the team to define CI/CD pipelines
* Maintaining K8s based services
* Using tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket
What you need:
* Experience with Python or similar
* Extensive knowledge of the SDLC
* Openminded enthusiasm for tech and picking up new techs
* Jenkins or equivalent CI/CD systems
* Troubleshooting complex cloud infrastructure and LinuxOS issues
* Mercurial, Git
* Salt, Ansible