£1500 - £2000 per month
about 1 year ago
Exciting opportunity for an Accounting Assistant looking to join a fast paced hi-growth global e-commerce business and support the financial activities across 3 legal entities as well as assist in the transition to bring accounts in house.
Moteefe is a global, ambitious, fast-growing and highly successful print-on-demand platform that enables entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes to sell customised merchandise online directly through our platform. Moteefe was recognised in the 2019 Deloitte fast 50, as the fastest growing e-commerce business in the United Kingdom.
To help us achieve our ambitious growth targets, we are now looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our expanding team. This is a great opportunity for a pro-active professional with a best practice mind-set, who is looking to gain experience in a fast-paced accounting team. Working within our finance team, you will be supporting with the accurate and timely completion of all day to day finance activities, across our 3 legal entities. In addition you will assist our project to move all financial activities in house.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and self-motivated team who offer a great working environment and excellent career development opportunities. This role not only offers an opportunity to join a hi-growth VC backed business, but in a role which offers professional growth and development.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Maintaining sales and purchase ledger including inputting sales, generating & processing invoices, checking statements and dealing with any queries
* Chase outstanding invoices and run aged debtors and creditors report
* Maintain direct debit and balance sheet reconciliations, including prepayments and fixed assets
* Daily banking, including handling petty cash and reconciliation of credit cards
* Send remittances via post/email and manage the finance inbox
* Credit Control
* Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and monthly VAT returns
* Coordination and processing of staff expenses
* Provide general administration support to the Financial Controller and finance team
* Examine and prepare financial documentation for auditing purposes
* General administration duties
Who we are looking for:
* Part qualified accountant (ACCA, AAT or equivalent)
* An understanding of financial accounting process and procedures
* Experience working with Xero would be desirable
* Advanced excel skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent analytical skills and a commercial approach
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Self-motivated, with a pro-active approach and an ability to deliver to deadlines
* Willing to learn & develop with a 'can do' attitude
* Competitive Salary
* Free fruit, breakfast, snack food and drinks for the office
* Social events - we're a friendly bunch